We are currently seeking a dynamic and dedicated Assistant Financial Controller to join our clients finance and administration team and contribute to their continued success.
About our client
A household name with 70+ years of heritage as a leader in its’ industries both within the consumer and commercial market. With a history of innovation and customer centricity. The company has established itself as a key player in the market.
As the Assistant Financial Controller, you will play a pivotal role in the finance department and support the Group Chief Financial Officer in various financial activities. Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in the preparation of accurate monthly management accounts, reports, and forecasts.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure compliance with financial regulations and reporting standards.
- Manage a small team, providing guidance, training, and leadership.
- Oversee daily financial operations and transactions to ensure accuracy and timeliness.
- Assist in budgeting and variance analysis, identifying areas of improvement.
- Contribute to the preparation of presentations and reports for executive management.
- Engage with auditors, tax departments, and other external stakeholders as required.
- Maintain a strong working relationship with other departments, banks, suppliers whilst fostering a collaborative environment.
- Business Intelligence and Internal control development and monitoring
- Oversee the payroll process, ensuring accurate and timely payment to employees.
- Qualified accountant (ACCA, B.Hons in Accountancy or equivalent) with a strong understanding of financial principles and/or an in-progress ACCA qualifications.
- Proven experience in financial management, preferably in a leadership role considered an asset.
- Strong analytical skills and meticulous attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team
- Proficiency in financial software and Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel.
- Leadership presence and the ability to inspire and lead a small team.
- Excellent communication in Maltese and English
If you meet the requirements and feel that this position is a fit for you, do not hesitate and apply for this role today!