We are seeking for a Chef to join our client´s team. As a chef you have creative freedom in menu design using the best ingredients available on the market and and to ensure that the company’s excellent reputation for food quality is always maintained.
About Our Client
Our client is one of the top hospitalities & leisure industry, leading with the largest hotels on the Maltese islands. The vision of the group is to be rated by guests amongst the best in Europe
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for running and overseeing all sections of the kitchen operation
- Managing and mentoring the kitchen brigade
- Maintaining a clean work environment in order to prevent food contamination
- Undertaking regular inventory checks of food supplies
- Ensuring Brand standards are maintained
- Ensuring all food operations are current and on-trend
- Ensuring dishes are of a high standard before they reach the customer
- Communicating to ensure all aspects of the food service are met and surpassed.
Requirements and skills:
- Proven experience as chef in South American/Spanish cuisine
- Holder of a food handler license.
- Verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Eye for detail and a passion for food and innovation.
- Willing to work on a shift basis in a busy kitchen environment.
- Passion for cooking and menu design
- Have team management skills
- Have a high level of attention to detail
- Have enthusiasm to develop your own skills and knowledge
- Experience working in a kitchen environment.
- Knowledge of basic kitchen preparation and various dishes and cooking methods.
- Sound knowledge of authentic ingredients and substitute ingredients.
- Maintain a high level of personal hygiene.
- Conforms with hotels grooming standards.
If you meet the requirements and feel that this position is a fit for you, do not hesitate and apply for this role today!