We are looking for motivated individuals with great energy to provide a first-class and memorable experience to our clientele. As Chef Tournant, you will have to step in when needed and have several responsibilities in the kitchen, all of which have an important role in the quality of the final product. You will work directly under the head and sous chefs, completing any tasks asked of them and communicating with other members of the kitchen staff. We search for someone with all aspects of the culinary process to ensure customers can receive the highest-quality food possible.
About Our Client
Our client is one of the top designing customized catering solutions on the island that stretches beyond the typical catering capacity. They provide well-balanced meals and dishes to a number of hotels, care homes, schools, restaurants, and cafeterias.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Checking inventory of meat and produce.
- Maintaining a sanitary cooking environment.
- Ensuring that all cooking procedures adhere to safety standards.
- Assisting the head chef and sous chef in the development of new recipes.
- Checking equipment and appliances and ensuring everything functions properly and safely.
- Communicating with other chefs and managing kitchen staff.
Requirements and skills
- Experience working in a kitchen environment.
- Knowledge of basic kitchen preparation and various dishes and cooking methods.
- Sound knowledge of authentic ingredients and substitute ingredients.
- Holder of a food handler license.
- Verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Eye for detail and a passion for food and innovation.
- Willing to work on a shift basis in a busy kitchen environment.
- Maintain a high level of personal hygiene.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently.
If you meet the requirements and feel that this position is a fit for you, do not hesitate and apply for this role today!