We are currently looking for a Health and Safety Officer for our client who will be responsible for facilitating compliance with occupational health and safety (OHS) guidelines. They will provide advice on measures to minimize hazards or unhealthy situations.
- Advise and instruct on various safety-related topics.
- Conduct risk assessment and enforce preventative measures.
- Review existing policies and measures and update according to legislation.
- Inspect premises and the work of personnel to identify issues or non-conformity (e.g., not using protective equipment)
- Stop any unsafe acts or processes that seem dangerous or unhealthy.
- Record and investigate incidents to determine causes.
- Prepare reports on occurrences and provide statistical information to line manager.
- Stay up-to-date with health and safety regulations and standards.
- Engage in continuous improvement initiatives to enhance safety protocols.
- In depth knowledge of OHSA legislation and procedures
- Knowledge of potentially hazardous materials or practices
- Confident with writing reports and policies for health and safety
- Proficient in MS Office
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Diligent with great attention to detail
- A diploma or better in safety management
- Proven experience as a Health and Safety Administrator or similar role are a plus
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Proficiency in administrative tasks, including record-keeping, report writing, and documentation management.
- Experience in supplier dealings and procurement of safety-related equipment and services
If you meet the requirements and feel that this position is a fit for you, do not hesitate and apply for this role today!