We are currently looking for an R&D Manager to join our client’s team. As R&D Manager you will be responsible for research planning and overseeing the entire optimization and/or development processes for products and programs within our client´s company. Additionally, you are required to keep track of costs related to creation of these products and also to stay informed on what is happening in the research and development field to make sure the company is up to date and current with most advanced R&D developments.
About our client
Our client is a pharmaceutical company specialising in the development, optimization and manufacturing of high quality generic Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (APIs), and enhance people’s lives by developing innovative solutions to enable new treatment routes for critical diseases.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Using creative abilities and research methods to improve existing products, based on industry trends, as well as developing new products to meet the needs of our target market.
- Reporting any technical product issues that are discovered during evaluation and manage product testing and trials, assessing the materials used, the efficiency of the process, and the effectiveness of the final product.
- Leading key projects with the R&D team to support business goals.
- Developing research programs incorporating current developments to improve existing products and to study potential of new products.
- Transferring new technologies, products and manufacturing processes into and out of the company.
- Researching, designing and evaluating materials, assemblies, processes and equipment.
- Working in coordination with Production and other Departments to optimize the developed processes and use shared equipment/instruments.
- Being responsible for GMP Production Processes in-process controls’ outcomes.
- Establishing of short-term and long-term programs of activities.
- Leading, motivating and developing the R&D team members.
- Suggesting training tools to enhance employee performance and skill development.
- Monitoring team performance metrics and objectives and ensuring goals are being met.
- Establishing and maintaining testing procedures for assessing raw materials, in process and finished products.
- Overseeing complex research projects, analyzing results and providing recommendations based on findings.
- Assessing the scope of research projects and ensuring they are delivered on time and within budget.
Requirements and Skills
- Experienced in a similar relevant role and have extensive R&D experience.
- Knowledgeable in cGMP, Regulatory bodies and customer requirements.
- Creative in the process of thinking and problem solving.
- Diligent, self- motivated and with good attention to detail.
- Excellent at leading and managing teams.
- An efficient communicator.
- Able to multi task and respect deadlines.
- Driven, resilient and with a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Proficient in English and ideally Italian.
- Capable of following standard operational procedures and able to work cautiously and safely.
- In possession of a scientific degree ideally in Chemistry or Pharmacy.
Salary and Benefits
- A competitive salary.
- A welcoming and inclusive environment.
- A state-of-the-art working facility.
- Medical check-ups.
- A culture where teamwork is priority.
- A meaningful job where all employees contribute towards improving people’s lives.
- A challenging role with an innovative company.
If you meet the requirements and feel that this position is a fit for you, do not hesitate and apply for this role today!