We are looking for motivated individuals with great energy to provide a first-class and memorable experience to our clientele. As a Senior Chef de Partie, you will assist the Head Chef and Sous Chef to achieve the highest standards of food production and customer satisfaction, maintain a safe and hygienic kitchen environment, work effectively with other colleagues, kitchen and other departments, and provide effective internal service.
About Our Client
Our client is one of the top designing customized catering solutions on the island that stretches beyond the typical catering capacity. They provide well-balanced meals and dishes to a number of hotels, care homes, schools, restaurants, and cafeterias.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure consistency of food quality and presentation.
- Attend briefing for special functions if required to do so.
- Maintaining the cleanliness, stock control, organization, and standards of the section.
- Assisting with the ordering on a daily basis, whilst keeping in mind stock usage, menu planning, and business levels.
- Training of Commis Chefs on section, delegation of tasks to Commis Chefs, Chef De Partie.
- Constantly advising Chef on needs and ordering requirements, and placing orders as required.
- Assist other Chef de Parties and help each other keep motivated and focused.
- Take part in any training required.
- Run the Kitchen in the absence of the Head/Sous Chefs.
- Able to take control of any given task and maintain a high team spirit.
- Keep recipe folders in good order and up to date if and when necessary.
Requirements and skills
- Experience working in a kitchen environment.
- Knowledge of basic kitchen preparation and various dishes and cooking methods.
- Sound knowledge of authentic ingredients and substitute ingredients.
- Holder of a food handler license.
- Verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Eye for detail and a passion for food and innovation.
- Willing to work on a shift basis in a busy kitchen environment.
- Maintain a high level of personal hygiene.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently.
If you meet the requirements and feel that this position is a fit for you, do not hesitate and apply for this role today!