We are looking to recruit a Sous Chef to join our client`s Team. As a Sous Chef, you will act as the head chef’s trusted lieutenant, ensuring the elements of a meal are properly prepared and ready to be served to paying guests.
About Our Client
Our client is one of the top culinary restaurants on the island. With an ever-changing display, an exquisite experience is always guaranteed.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Directs food preparation and collaborates with the executive chef.
- Helps in the design of food and drink menus.
- Produces high-quality plates, including both design and taste.
- Oversees and supervises kitchen staff.
- Assists with menu planning, inventory, and management of supplies.
- Ensures that food is top quality and that kitchen is in good condition.
- Keeps stations clean and complies with food safety standards.
- Offers suggestions and creative ideas that can improve the kitchen’s performance.
- Prepares food properly.
- Schedules staff shifts.
- Trains new employees.
- Orders food supplies.
- Monitors and maintains kitchen equipment.
- Solves problems that arise and seizes control of issues in the kitchen.
Requirements and skills
- Knowledge of various cooking methods, ingredients, and procedures
- Management skills
- Familiarity with industry’s best practices
- Hand-eye coordination
- Time-management skills
- Decision making
- Handles pressure
- Deals with uncertainty
Salary brackets start from 1500 euros net per month
If you meet the requirements and feel that this position is a fit for you, do not hesitate and apply for this role today!